It’s a common misconception that mold issues end once the weather turns colder. In fact, they can actually increase! As your local moisture control company in Lexington, SC, Corder Pest Control has five mold prevention tips for you this winter:
- Keep humidity out – Household air becomes stale and dry during the winter so many people turn to humidifiers to breathe easiser. But if you use a humidifier, keep the humidity level at a maximum of 40 percent. Humid areas are breeding grounds for mold.
- Regularly vacuum and clean – Make vacuuming and deep cleaning a part of your weekly routines. This will help you clear away all traces of mold growth.
- Repair leaks – Leaks are gateways for moisture to get in your home. Check your roof and windows for signs of leaks. If you see a leak, get it fixed as quickly as you can.
- Insulate your attic – Keep your attic well-insulated this winter. Additionally, make sure to ventilate your attic. Without good air circulation, an attic can trap humidity and be a magnet for mold.
- Fix moisture problems – If you suspect any moisture problems in your basement, attic, or bathrooms, contact a local moisture control company to take a look. Mold feeds off of moisture and can grow rapidly in these areas.
If mold is plaguing your home in Columbia, Irmo, or anywhere in the Midlands, call Corder Pest Control today. You can rely on prompt and efficient service from our moisture control company in Lexington, SC.