No one likes to see bugs crawling around on the floors or walls of a home. But before you grab a can of bug spray, you need to make sure you’re handling them safely. While pesticides do kill bugs ward off other pests, they can harm the people and pets you love if used incorrectly. Corder Pest Control is your local pest control company in Lexington, SC and we care about the people we serve. Here are some tips you should follow to safely handle pesticides in your home.
- Get your kids and pets out of the area. Clear your children and pets out of the area you’re about to treat. Some pesticides may say they’re safe for children and animals, but it’s better to be safe than sorry. Read the label to see when it’s safe to come in contact with treated areas.
- Store your food in airtight containers. Cover all exposed food items or move your food to another area of your home. It’s the best way to keep from ingesting harmful substances.
- Wear protective gear. If you’re the one using the pesticides, you’ll come in closest contact with the chemicals. Put on gloves, a mask, long pants, and a long-sleeved shirt to protect yourself.
- Keep the area ventilated. Make sure the areas you’re spraying in are well-ventilated. This can help you lessen your exposure to toxic substances.
- When in doubt, call the professionals. If you’re unsure about the best, safest way to handle pesticides in your home, make the smart choice and call professional exterminators near you.
When you need a pest control company in Lexington, SC or surrounding areas, call Corder Pest Control. We’ll apply professional-grade pesticides around your home so you don’t have to. We know which chemicals to use and how to use them, lessening the risk for you and your family. Call our office today to schedule your appointment.