When it’s cold outside, there’s nothing better than staying warm and cozy in your home. Unfortunately, humans aren’t the only ones who feel this way. Rodents and insects also want to seek shelter in your home this winter. As a trusted provider of pest control in Lexington, SC and surrounding areas of the SC Midlands, Corder Pest Control wants to help you keep these critters out. Here are five helpful winter pest control tips:
- Seal all openings –Gaps and cracks are like leaving your doors open to pests. Take a walk around your home and make note of any cracks, openings, or gaps. After your inspection, seal the openings with caulk, steel wool, or other materials.
- Clean regularly – Keep your home as clean as you can this winter. Crumbs from food attract pests, as can mold and mildew spots.
- Store food properly – Open containers or bags of food will attract pests just like moths to a flame. Make it your mission this winter to keep your food in well-sealed containers. In addition, make sure you’re keeping most of your trash in your outside garbage can if possible. Spoiled food can attract pests, too.
- Store wood far away – Keep piles of wood far away from your home. Termites can hide out in stacks of wood and can easily sneak into your home. Don’t give them that opportunity.
- Know when to call the professionals – Make sure you call a professional pest control service if you find insects or rodents in your home. Exterminators will conduct inspections, find problem areas, and spray to keep pests at bay. Even if you don’t think you have a problem, we can spot an infestation before it strikes.
Don’t let pests move in your home this winter. Follow these tips and call Corder Pest Control for professional pest control in Lexington, SC. We also serve Columbia, Newberry, Irmo, and surrounding areas.